CMB is a full-service custom market research and strategy firm based in Boston.As a Top 30 Insights& Analytics company, we’re known for our relentless business-decision focus and cutting-edge creativity. Our passion is helping the world’s leading brands engage, innovate, and grow. We leverage the best of advanced analytics, consumer psychology, and market strategy to tackle game-changing initiatives and business challenges for our clients.What about our culture? Simply put, our people are our power. We have a diverse, inclusive, and collaborative team of bright perspectives and curious minds. At CMB you’ll have plenty of opportunities to achieve your full potential. From learning new skills, expanding your expertise, and continuing to advance your professional development, you will feel supported and valued. You will also be a member of a community that appreciates who you are. You will have the opportunity to join clubs and affinity groups, enjoy social and company events, and be a part of the“CMB difference”.Our benefits say a lot about how much we value our employees: we offer a fully paid sabbatical, a $500 wellness stipend, paid time off to volunteer, generous medical plans, a 401k match, and more. Every employee also gets to enjoy an employee stock ownership plan (ESOP).ESOP? Yes, we are 100% employee owned! An ESOP is a qualified retirement plan, like a 401k, but you don’t have to make any contributions to participate in the rewards. When we each work hard to provide exceptional service and deliverables to our clients, the positive performance of the company increases the value of our stock and enables the accumulation of wealth for all our employee-owners.About The PositionThis is a hands-on market research position focusing on media and/or entertainment clients. The role oversees custom market projects, leads insights teams, and proactively grows existing accounts and supports our Sales team on winning new client accounts. It calls for someone who has quantitative market research and consulting experience on the“supplier” side– i.e., a market research firm. The position works closely with CMB’s business development, insights, advanced analytics, qualitative, and marketing teams to engage with clients, lead projects, and grow business.The AVP position is a senior role that reports to a VP.The position may be hybrid in Boston, or remote within the USA.About YouClients and colleagues say you are people-oriented, confident and have high standards when it comes to the quality of your work. You enjoy being hands-on with market research projects as much as you enjoy leading an Insights team. Your success is due, in part, to your ability to listen, mentor, motivate, and persuade both clients and project teams, all while remaining humble, approachable, and down-to-earth.About Your BackgroundYou are a hands-on market researcher with experience on the supplier side, and you have managed Media and Entertainment client accounts. When someone says things like:”segmentation”or”brand health tracker”you know exactly what they are talking about.You’ve worked hard to get to where you are, and you’re ready to join a company with a great culture where you will continue to move forward in your professional journey. Here’s what you’ll be doing and the qualifications we are looking for:Responsibilities
- Overseethe survey design, data analysis,insight gathering, and strategy formationthat help our media and entertainment clients make informed, impactful business decisions.
- Lead internal project teams with a high degree of employee engagement, including both positive and professional constructive feedback.
- Partner with Qualitative, Advanced Analytics and Data Management teams to ensure research deliverables meet client and CMB expectations.
- Partner with VPs, Practice Leaders and Client Services teams to develop, nurture and grow key client accounts through relationship building, thought leadership and oversight on research project execution.
- Act as a market research and Media& Entertainment industry subject matter expert by speaking at events, writing blogs and articles, and being engaged in the MRx community
- Work with Accounts, Sales, Insights and P&C to effectively recruit and onboard new talent.
- Partner with a VP, Practice Leader to establish and meet goals via a balanced scorecard for the Sales& Account Management team (e.g., sales, client satisfaction, client/product/project profitability, team efficiency, talent mentorship)
- Degree in Statistics, Marketing, Market Research, Business Management, Psychology, Sociology, Applied Economics, Political Science, or related field.
- 7+ years of overall custom market research experience.
- 1-2+ years independently leading project teamsand growing accounts (existing and new)
- Experience and expertise in the Media& Entertainment industry
- Understanding of complex market research methods with applied knowledge of primary research techniques (e.g., trade-off designs, factor analysis, driver modeling)
- Experience delegating, managing, mentoring, and influencing project teams to create outstanding project deliverables.
- Superior client relationship building and client service skills.
- Experience growing existing client accounts and winning new client accounts.
- Sense of humor, self-awareness, and humility.
* No visa sponsorship available ** No agency assistance required *CMB strongly encourages candidates from diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply. We recognize that people from structurally marginalized groups often only apply to jobs if they meet 100% of the qualifications, despite the reality that applicants rarely ever meet 100% of the qualifications. If this position aligns with your experience and interests, please apply!CMB is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or protected veteran status, or to other non-work-related factors.As part of our commitment to inclusivity, CMB will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If a reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application and/or the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact:firstname.lastname@example.org.