Our founder, and CEO, Kevin Glazer has been a prominent figure in the commercial real estate world for the past 30 years. Mr. Glazer is a co-owner of the NFL franchise Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and a principal investor in the Manchester United Football Club, one of the most valuable teams and recognizable brands throughout the entire world!
Glazer Properties, a leader in the commercial real estate industry, offers unique opportunities to work at the highest level within the real estate industry. At Glazer Properties we recognize the importance of hiring people, not job titles. This is why we are always looking for talented and intelligent individuals with passion and drive. We then provide them with all the resources imaginable to Succeed Together!
We employ some of the most talented and dedicated professionals in the real estate industry and are continuously working to maintain a culture that allows for both professional development and personal growth.
Position Summary & Job Description
The Controller position is a valuable member of our team and will support the Company’s mission to achieve its’ vision, initiatives and practices both in the day-to-day accounting facets of the business as well as through special projects. This individual will also be primarily responsible for overseeing a talented department staff that currently drives financial accounting functions of the Company. Additional details on this high level and challenging position are out lined below.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Manage and assume responsibility for all financial accounting functions of the company
- Responsible for managing the financial reporting process including monthly financial statements, annual investor reporting packages, budgets and forecasts
- Manage quarterly tax projections and year-end tax preparation processes, including detailed review of tax filings prepared by external accountants
- Participate in the due diligence process related to the confidential acquisition of assets and/or new lines of business
- Oversee the reconciliation of all ledgers, sub ledgers and accounting records
- Lead the budgeting process
- Liaison with outside accountants in an outward facing, relationship driven manner
- Monitor and improve internal controls
- Continually assess, propose and implement improvements to existing processes in the Accounting Department
Requirements, Skills & Abilities
- Certified Public Accountant required
- Experience of 10+ years in public/corporate accounting
- Knowledge of US GAAP
- Respond and communicate effectively with Ownership, Vice President and CFO
- Maintain, monitor and improve the company’s financial procedures and processes, including implementation of new technologies to drive efficiency
- Efficiently multitask and adapt in a fast-paced environment where priorities may change
- Ability and willingness to provide mentoring to a highly motivated staff
- Effective communication with staff, co-workers and external professionals
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Excel. Experience with spreadsheet server is a plus.
The Successful Candidate will be someone who
Has had a stable and long standing position of success with their current company or organization, has a proven ability to impact that company or organization, has the vision to think on a global level and anticipate adjustments needed in the future for the achievement of the Company’s vision, and possesses a strong ability to organize, motivate and manage a team of talented staff members.
Glazer Properties offers a salary of up to $150,000 as well as a comprehensive benefit package. This includes
- Top Tier Medical, Dental and prescription drug coverage
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid vacation and sick days
- Paid holidays