About AI4ALLAI4ALL is a national nonprofit that opens doors to the artificial intelligence industry for historically excluded talent through education and mentorship. We nurture a diverse global community of students and emerging leaders who learn AI fundamentals and who then apply those principles to influence AI in a positive direction. AI4ALL has empowered over 10,000 people in all 50 states and globally with AI education through our programs. Eighty-eight percent of alumni are interested in a career in AI after completing an initial AI4ALL program, and many are already making significant impacts in the field, from educating their peers to winning“best paper” at top AI conferences. As of fall 2022, AI4ALL programs run in partnership with 16 universities and colleges around North America.By telling a new story about who can be a leader in AI, we’re creating tomorrow’s AI leaders and changing technology’s future. AI4ALL has received funding from Melinda Gates/Pivotal Ventures, Prudential Financial, Accenture, General Motors, and SoftBank among others and has been featured in the New York Times, TIME, CNN, The Washington Post, USA Today, and The Atlantic.About The OpportunityThe Curriculum& Instruction Manager is responsible for ensuring that the curriculum and instructional approaches of AI4ALL programming are implemented with fidelity and are aligned with the organizational goals for our students’ learning outcomes. This responsibility includes the overseeing and development of curriculum and the designing of training for instructional staff.This position reports to the Director of College Pathways. This role is based remotely, however, the team does host bimonthly coworking days where team members based in New York City (and environs) typically attend in person.What You’ll DoInstruction, Training, Curriculum Development Strategies
- Develop and monitor processes for successful implementation of the curriculum, instruction and training. This includes processes to support instructional team (teaching assistants, student leaders, instructors, and volunteers).
- Develop and manage the strategy for training the instructional team.
- Support Director of College Pathways with the development of scaling strategies for curriculum, instruction and training.
- Keep abreast with pedagogical developments that can be incorporated into the curriculum, instruction and training.
- Develop, refine and monitor processes, metrics and KPIs for evaluating curriculum, instruction and training.
- Develop, refine and manage AI and career readiness curriculum content.
- Support the curriculum team with curriculum development and implementation strategies.
- Attract, develop, coach, and retain high-performance instructors.
- Manage instructors as well as the curriculum lead and advise them on the daily activities related to AI4ALL programs.
- Foster a sense of community among the instructors and teaching assistants.
- Collaborate with the University Partnerships Manager and Program Manager to manage teaching assistants provided by university partners.
- Collaborate with the Program Manager and Career Development Manager on the training and evaluation of instructors, teaching assistants, student leaders and volunteers.
- Oversee the debriefing sessions for the instructional team as needed. This involves close collaboration with the Program Manager and Career Development Manager.
Supervisory ResponsibilitiesThe Curriculum& Instruction Manager will supervise 10-15 part-time instructors, as well as the Curriculum Lead.Who You AreThis hire will bring:
- A desire to increase diversity and inclusion in technology.
- A Computer Science (or related field) degree, or comparable work experience in CS, AI, ML, Computer Engineering, or related discipline.
- Experience with Python and other programming languages used for Machine Learning and/or AI
- 3+ years experience teaching and/or designing workshops in the STEM/CS field, with a particular emphasis on hands-on and inclusive pedagogy, ideally at a college level.
- 1+ years of experience in role recruiting, hiring, training, and managing instructional personnel.
- A demonstrated understanding of the opportunities and challenges associated with developing education programs for college students who have been historically excluded from the Tech and AI sector.
- Proven knowledge of data collection methods.
- Proficiency in data analysis tools and statistical applications.
- Superb interpersonal skills; aptitude to work collaboratively with internal as well as external stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible and adaptable; thrives in a fast-paced, startup environment.
- Successful at working independently with minimum supervision as well as collaboratively.
We’d prefer candidates who:
- Thrive in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Work both independently and collaboratively
- Have experience teaching students within the AI4ALL target student audience
- Have experience applying active learning methodologies in an online environment/classroom
- Work is performed at a computer
- Requires almost constant use of a keyboard, mouse or other pointing device
- Programs, internal, and external meetings are generally on-camera using Zoom or other video conferencing platform
- Work may be performed sitting or standing
CompensationSalary range $90,000 to $115,000Important note:Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment. AI4ALL does not sponsor employment visas.