The Environmental Health and Safety Specialist will implement policies to ensure a safe and healthy work environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following and other duties as assigned:
- Inspects the facility to identify safety, health, and environmental risks.
- Develops and implements inspection policies and procedures, and a schedule of routine inspections.
- Develops health and safety procedures for all areas of the company.
- Prepares and schedules training to cover emergency procedures, workplace safety, and other relevant topics.
- Ensures that the Company is in compliance with local, state, and federal rules and regulations, including Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA and Cal OSHA), and advises management on safety compliance concerns and preventative actions.
- Plans, implements, and conducts training for employees in work site safety practices.
- Maintains safety files and records.
- Conducts post-accident investigation and prepares reports and works with Workers Compensation cases.
- Manages OSHA Logs (300, 301).
- Monitors compliance with safety procedures.
- Drafts inspection reports to document inspection findings.
- Ensures that material safety data sheets are maintained and readily accessible when needed.
- Manages Forklift Program, certifies employees, license record keeping.
- Maintains environmental reports including Tier 2 Reporting, Storm and Wastewater Permits, SPCC and maintenance Emergency Response plans.
- Works closely with plant management in optimizing opportunities to reduce risk using Ergonomic evaluation and Job Safety Analysis.
- Oversee compliance with IIPP/HIPP, Covid-19, inspections, fire equipment, emergency response vehicle components, AED units, hoists, ladders, eye wash stations and stored respirators.
- Maintains records of discharge of or employee exposure to hazardous waste and/or pollutants, as required.
- Leads or supports company audits.
- Responsible for managing inspections and permits related to RTO, fryers and oven omissions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Would like person from the food industry maybe Aerospace
- Extensive knowledge of environmental regulations and policies, 5 plus years.
- Extensive knowledge of Safety Work Experience with preferred experience in food manufacturing industry, 5 plus years.
- Experience in a company of 500 + employees is preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish, required.
- Extensive knowledge of OSHA and Cal OSHA regulations (general industry), required.
- Knowledge of EPA regulations required.
- 1 st Aid/CPR/AED Certification, preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of Cal ARP, RMP AND PSM (Ammonia program)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in technology and equipment used in environmental inspections.
- Experience with supporting/leading a food defense program, 2 years’ experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Safety, Occupational Safety and Health, or related field, preferred, Master’s degree desirable.
- Five years of related experience preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTSPhysically able to conduct inspections and carry equipment used for inspections.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at a time.