TrueNet Communications is seeking aRemoteFiber Designer II in theNortheastarea to join our team. The working schedule is a 45-hourwork week, Monday-Friday.Applicant must live in the Northeast Region of the USA.This job will involve designing continuous fiber routes over existing and new build fiber optic cables,creating fiber splice documents, using as-built information, Spatial, AutoCAD, Excel, among othersoftware. The individual will be skilled in AutoCAD, Excel, design software. We will train on OSPHybrid Fiber-Coax (HFC) design and the understanding of OSP construction and engineering.We are seeking an experienced Outside Plant Fiber Designer in the broadband HFCindustry to support Node Splits. This job will involve designing continuous fiber routes overexisting and new build fiber optic cables, creating fiber splice documents, usingas builtinformation, Spatial data and Excel data among other software. The individual will be skilledin OSP Hybrid Fiber-Coax (HFC) design with an understanding of OSP construction andengineering.(This is meant to be a guide. Duties may vary dependent upon management.)Essential Position Functions:
- Design and develop layouts for OSP and ISP Fiber design
- Develop ISP Patch panel diagrams/cable rack layouts
- Generation of bills of materials, splice sheets, and other supporting documentation for design.
- Review completed design for errors and efficiency.
- Ensure design specifications are maintained.
- Adhere to appropriate quality standards set out in the design requirements
- Analyze OTDR traces, evaluate characteristics of fiber and document test results
- Assist in troubleshooting fiber circuits for light and path continuity
- Analyze current processes and identify possible efficiency gains
- Create and maintain appropriate technical documentation
- Supports Specialists and leadership team with fiber design documents.
- Reviews, resolves and follows-up on request and complaints.
- May advise, train, and guide other designers.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable
schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Visual design skills are a strong plus
- Knowledge of easement, right-of-way, and permit documents is preferred
- Competence in design methodology, process, and metrics
- Experience in designing and/or constructing telecommunications fiber networks is a must
- High integrity and strong work ethic is a must
- Attention to detail and ability to think creatively and strategically is a must
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Must be able to work independently and without supervision
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with other team members
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Hybrid Fiber-Coax(HFC) and/or fiber designs is a plus
- Experience or the equivalent education/certification with AutoCAD, Micro-station, Spatial or ESRI isrequired.
- Ability to prioritize and complete assignments accurately and in a timely manner.
- Able to effectively handle multiple priorities with a strong attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, oral and written communications skills.
- Must be able to work alone, and with a team.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
Physical Demands:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent walking, standing, sitting within the work area.
- Lifting of up to 25 pounds one-third of the time.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees, management, peers, et al.
Work Environment:The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those of a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work environment is that of an office position with minimal to high noise levels.
- The position requires working independently, as well as part of a team.
- This position requires verbal and face-to-face contact with others daily.
- Frequent use of a computer is necessary.
- This position requires use of all general office equipment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.TrueNet is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans.California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA),read hereWe are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas for this position (H1B, etc.).TrueNetCommunications is a national infrastructure engineering and specialty contractor serving the wireless, broadband, and telecommunications markets. We plan, design, build and support communications infrastructure for our clients across North America.Join our team of professionals where you can advance your career in a fast pace, GROWING industry! We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits,401k, paid time off and paid holidays.