Position SummaryFunction will vary according position assigned. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to: cold food preparation, stocking, delivery, assembling meals and following established standards for patients/guest for the “Expressly for You” meal program, sanitation duties, pot and dish cleaning, cafeteria service, and cashiering.Essential Functions And Responsibilities Includes The Following
- Adheres to WPH Performance Standards, Policies and Behaviors
- Punches in/out as required based on assigned work schedule.
- Reports to kitchen ready to work in uniform including appropriate tie, and shoes with visible identification badge.
- Demonstrates/Articulates an understanding of responsibilities of the assigned positions.
- Verbalizes and applies knowledge of current department policies and procedures.
- Attends staff meeting, in-service or equivalent to update knowledge related to current department/hospital issues as required or requested.
- Completes annual department/hospital competency requirements and they are documented appropriately on Competency/Education Record.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Team Player
- Excellent Communication Skills (written/verbal)
- Ability to Multi-task
Physical/Mental Demands/Requirements & Work Environment
- Standing/walking up to 7.5 hours, lifting up to 50 pounds, grasping, pulling, pushing, carrying, repetitive movement, stooping, bending, reaching, climbing, and kneeling
- Must have the ability to perform routine repetitive duties.
- Ability to detect and greet patients
- Must be able to read a menu and menu ticket, ability to read and verbalize a patients name, ability to work under pressure, ability to maintain an even temperament in stressful situations.
- Communicates frequently with patients who may have questions and requires exchange of accurate information.
- May be exposed to chemicals necessary to perform required tasks. Any hazardous chemicals the employee maybe exposed to are listed in the hospital’s SDS (Safety Data Sheet) data base and accessed through the hospital’s Intranet site (Employee Tools/SDS Access). A copy of the SDS data base can also be found at the hospital switchboard, saved on a disc.
Primary Population ServedCheck appropriate box(s) below:
- Neonatal (birth – 28 days)
- Patients with exceptional communication needs
- Infant (29 days – less than 1 year)
- Patients with developmental delays
- Pediatric (1 – 12 years)
- Patients at end of life
- Adolescent (13 – 17 years)
- Patients under isolation precautions
- Adult (18 – 64 years)
- Patients with cultural needs
- Geriatric (> 65 years)
- Bariatric Patients with weight related comorbidities
- Non-patient care population
The responsibilities and tasks outlined in this job description are not exhaustive and may change as determined by the needs of White Plains Hospital.Salary Range: $30,747.21-$39,771.42 (based on full time schedule)