Industrial Engineering Intern Job DescriptionOur Industrial engineering (IE) intern will work directly with Woodway operations’ Manufacturing Engineer and Industrial Engineer and will partake in various process improvement projects. Hosted by the Director of Operations, an IE intern will be directly involved in cross-functional projects with Supply Chain, Engineering, Production, and Quality. This role will allow interns to put classroom concepts to practice in a real manufacturing environment and will allow them to make an impact at Woodway.Duties And Responsibilities
- Perform time studies of operation to rebalance assembly line.
- Develop work instructions based on new rebalanced assembly line.
- Work with leadership and assembly workers to improve work areas
- Assess and align product, material, and information flow to improve efficiencies.
- Learn to operate company ERP system (Epicor) to facilitate improvement projects and data analytics.
- Assist in implementation of preventive and corrective actions and other changes.
- Demonstrate flexibility and enthusiasm to work on other engineering projects assigned.
Skills And Specifications
- Process-oriented individual
- Self-motivated, ready to learn.
- Passionate for continuous improvement
- Demonstrates critical thinking and innovative, effective problem-solving skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills
Education And Qualifications
- Freshman or Sophomore working towards a bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or related field
- Available full-time over the summer, approximately 40 hours per week
About WoodwayJob: Operations and Manufacturing – Industrial Engineering InternPossible Start Date: June 2023 (can be negotiated)Type: Paid