INNOVATION SCIENTISTJob SummaryThe Innovation Scientist provides hands-on product development support to all projects in the Fragrance Delivery Systems group. This includes the design, testing, and validation of fragrance delivery products and concepts, including Candles.Essential Job Functions
- Assist in the design and crafting of protype products, fragrance technologies and candles for testing proof of principle.
- Formulate products to deliver breakthrough performance in customer delivery systems, including candles.
- Prepare various types of samples for testing on project requirements.
- Develop and perform investigational laboratory testing, procedures, calculations, etc. for various fragrance deliver systems (candles, membranes, barrier substrates, etc…)
- Maintain a strong understanding of the categories of focus – particularly product launch activities, IP landscape, consumer understanding/trends, customers’ brand and innovation strategies.
- Coordinate activities with project stakeholders, internal and external.
- Maintain familiarity with relevant laboratory techniques, equipment & processes.
- Manage a portfolio of projects.
- Prepare technical presentations.
- Maintain accurate records and prepare technical reports.
- Responsible for the Product Innovation laboratory, including safety, quality, equipment calibration and maintenance.
- Adhere to all applicable regulatory requirements (e.g., good manufacturing practices, good laboratory practices, occupational safety and health, etc.)
- Some degree of lifting and heavy work is common with the daily moving of equipment, machinery, samples and supplies.
- Requires an undergraduate degree in either Chemistry or an alternative scientific or engineering discipline.
- Minimum 3 years laboratory experience in an Applications or Product Innovations, Product Development/R&D capacity required.
- Fragrance industry experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience of collaborating and partnering with internal and external resources to develop products and technologies.
- Exceptional communication skills are a must, both verbal and written. The role will require the ability to effectively communicate with a variety of audiences.
- Knowledge of basic engineering concepts and principles is preferred
- Working knowledge of fragrance materials, construction and applications would be an advantage.
- Proven ability to work under pressure without compromising on deliverables
- Must be a ‘hands on’ person, highly competent in a laboratory environment and ideally experience of production environments.