Job Title: IT desktop support
Location: Corning, NY
Duration: 12+ Months
Pay range: $18 – $20/hr on w2.
- The Corporate Field Services Refresh Technician will be responsible for receiving IT PC inventory, imaging Laptop and Desktop Computers, installing licensed software, engaging with customers, deploying new PCs, and reclaiming legacy PCs.
- Active Directory Administration
- Familiarity with cloud applications (Box, Office365, etc.)
- Dameware remote connection/utilization
- Altiris Deployment server utilization
- Asset management skills
- Internet Explorer and various browser(s) support
- Installation/configuration of various Adobe products
- Installation/configuration of Check Point endpoint client software
- Printer/driver troubleshooting & installation
- ServiceNow utilization
- Cisco WebEx service support
- Box user administration
- Hardware ordering/deployment
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Documentation (records) management
- Knowledge base utilization
- Project interaction
- Customer scheduling/follow-ups
- Multi-team interaction and/or technical roundtable participation
- Standard device imaging via USB/PXE server(s)
- Performance is measured on a variety of key performance indicators, priority matrix comprehension/adherence, SLA, and customer service/satisfaction.
- The successful candidate will provide excellent customer service and adhere to all service management principles, documented processes, and team guidelines.
- This role requires the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of customers, team members, managers, and subject matter experts in-person.
- The Corporate Field Services Refresh Technician will take ownership of follow up status and communicate progress regularly to both their customers and leadership (when requested).
- Excellent communication skills, prompt time-to-resolution/fulfillment, technical knowledge, organizational skills, and multitasking are necessary attributes to meet the expectations of the position.
- Associate’s Degree (Recommended) or 2+ years IT-related experience
- CompTIA IT Fundamentals
- CompTIA A+
The initial location of assignment is subject to change at any time given that Field Services operates and travels between various sites to facilitate end-user requests/issues.
That said, the role may require some light travel throughout the Client Valley as needed for PC refreshes.
The candidate may be considered for future development opportunities within the Field Services Organization, and may be considered for a transition to a full-time Field Services Technician role.
The primary role of the Field Services refresh technician is to drive the continual (rolling) PC refresh process and ensure that Clients endpoints are up to date with the latest operating systems and hardware.