Tuesday, February 28, 2023
Commerce Casino is the world’s largest card casino offering more than 200 tables. Established in 1983, the casino values its staff of over 2,500 employees and is proud to be known as “Where the World Comes to Play.” Commerce Casino offers a comprehensive benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, life, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), vacation time, and much more!
Primary Job Functions
- Coordinates the planning, installations, testing and maintenance of equipment/products, and the development and implementation of disaster/recovery procedures.
- Maintain the operations of all virtualization systems within the enterprise to ensure availability, performance and recoverability
- Assists with conceptualization, design, and set up of systems architecture and its various components.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to physical and virtual servers and provide support to the IT team to assist in diagnosing infrastructure issues
- Serves as a mentor for other technical staff and provides consultation, guidance and support as needed to operational and technical staff.
- Monitor system utilization and perform capacity planning, providing recommendations as needed to maintain availability and performance.
- Ensures proper functioning of the organization’s information systems and makes upgrades as necessary.
- Keeps computer equipment, hardware, and software updated to meet organizational needs.
- Communicates with other departments to report and resolve software, hardware, and operations problems.
- Determines and implements various IT procedures and assists to integrate various processes to new and existing systems and prepare all user specifications and perform tests on all applications according to technical specifications.
- Collaborates with department personnel and design innovative solutions for all IT issues and maintains all hardware and software for processes accordingly to security requirements and maintain logs of all issues and assist to resolve efficiently.
- Responsible for assisting IT Manager and or Director of IT to establish security strategies related to all IT infrastructures.
The duties listed are not set forth for the purposes of limiting the assignment of work. They are not to be construed as a complete list of the many duties normally to be performed under a position title or those to be assigned and performed temporarily outside of an employee’s normal line of work.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field preferred
Work Experience: At least 6 years of experience in IT; at least 3 years of IT system administration experience.
Must possess an ability to work with minimal supervision and make educated ethical decisions as necessary. Must be able to resolve conflicts and have effective communication skills with all levels of employees and be able to work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment. Must demonstrate an ability to work independently and to prepare detailed professional correspondence, memoranda, policies, procedures and regulations related to the employee’s duties. Knowledge of hardware and software support, network interface, program testing and internet technologies required.
- Job Family Regular
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required No
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree