DIN TAI FUNG RESTAURANTS
Job Title: IT Systems Administrator
Compensation: $70,000 – $90,000 annual salary – (Depending on Experience)
Din Tai Fung is a Chinese restaurant specializing in Xiao Long Bao, or steamed soup dumplings, each made by hand with our “Golden Ratio” of 18 folds. Originally founded in Taiwan as a cooking oil retail business in 1958, Din Tai Fung was reborn as a dumpling and noodle restaurant in 1972. Since its founding, Din Tai Fung has become world-renowned for its quality, standardization, and service. It currently has over 170 locations worldwide, including 13 US locations in California, Washington, Oregon, and Nevada.
About the Role:
Supports and coordinates the company’s IT function by monitoring system hardware, network, and infrastructure software performance, solves problems, and suggests improvements. This role would be responsible for end-user support for corporate and restaurant operations. Typically also manages authorized access to system resources.
Infrastructure and Network Development and Maintenance
Complete operational tasks, data management, incident logging, reporting, systems monitoring, systems testing, and disaster recovery to support the day-to-day infrastructure and networks.
Websites/Portals Maintenance and Update
Support in maintaining assigned less complex parts of portals/websites using content creation and management tools and digital media to ensure that technical continuity is maintained and development standards met.
Applications Software Maintenance
Monitor and identify software defects for other colleagues to take action on to maintain fully functioning applications software.
Testing Information Technology (IT) Performance
Perform routine website/applications software tests and respond to user emails to monitor, diagnose, and correct performance issues.
Faults Diagnosis and Correction
Provide initial fault isolation and support in proposing resolution for approval by more senior colleagues to limit and address issues promptly.
Contribute to reviewing existing operations in own area of work and support in generating new ideas to assist in identifying continuous improvements
Implement required security measures such as firewalls or message encryption, and monitoring performance to notify security experts of any problems.
Develop knowledge and understanding of the organization’s policies and procedures and of relevant regulatory codes and codes of conduct to ensure own work adheres to those standards. Obtain authorization from a supervisor or manager for any exceptions from the mandatory procedure.
Personal Capability Building
Develop and maintain excellent process or technical skills by participating in assessment and development planning activities as well as formal and informal training and coaching.
- Support operations in the area of POS systems and cloud infrastructure/applications
- Performing incident management and ensuring issue & root cause analysis and problem management
- Monitors ticketing system and alerts from managed systems to ensure timely response and resolution
- Respond to user requests for hardware and software issues:
- Performing hands-on repair of equipment and maintenance/installation of infrastructure; working with third-party vendors for advanced repairs/replacements
- Troubleshoot all hardware associated with end-user computing, mobile devices, printers, workstations, switches, etc.
- Oversee routing and escalating issues to other teams as required
- Recommend improvements to existing systems and processes
- Work collaboratively with the IT team and various business departments to maintain data & system integrity
- Collaborate with business process owners and IT Managers to design, deliver, and support dynamic & flexible IT systems
- Maintain positive relationships with third-party technology partners and vendors
- Act as a subject-matter resource for assigned internal applications and workflows
- Capable of building process and procedure documentation, training users, and interacting positively with all leadership levels
- Assist in defining and documenting processes related to supporting the company’s IT infrastructure
- Support and troubleshoot individual store IT systems, including POS systems, network/WiFi, internet, security camera systems, and business-critical applications
- Install, setup, and support various operating systems including Windows, MacOS, and ChromeOS.
- Collaborate on multiple concurrent technical projects coordinating with internal teams and stakeholders
- Assist with understanding, deploying, and supporting new technologies to help improve business processes and build efficiencies for the various departments
Key Competencies: Ensures Accountability, Tech Savvy, Nimble Learning, Optimizes Work Processes, Communicates Effectively
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Level
- 4+ years of experience in IT Systems in the Restaurant or Retail industry
- Proficient and experienced with Windows 11/10/7 Operating systems
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of macOS and ChromeOS Proficient with working through a ticketing
- system to track, manage, and resolve technical requests within an enterprise
- Proficient with Point-of-sale systems and support, knowledge of ToastPOS is a
- Knowledge of computer hardware diagnostics and repair Experience with basic
- scripting languages such as PowerShell or Google AppScript
- Experience with PCI compliance and requirements Knowledge of Single-sign on
- systems and support Experience with project management applications and tools
- (e.g. Asana, Monday.com, Wrike, Smartsheets) Proficient with VoIP phone
- systems and support
- Exemplary written and oral communication and organization
NOTE: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
Salary for the IT Systems Administrator: $70,000 – $90,000 annual salary – (Depending on Experience)
Location for the IT Systems Administrator: Hybrid. The Din Tai Fung USA Corporate Office is located in Arcadia, CA.
Benefits for the IT Systems Administrator:
- Competitive Pay & Benefits
- Din Tai Fung provides 80% employer contribution for individuals and 50% employer contribution for eligible dependents toward medical insurance plans for all eligible employees.
- 401k Plan with company match
- Wellness & Health Reimbursements
- Employee Meal Discounts
- Opportunities for growth; we love promoting within!
Din Tai Fung is an E-Verify and Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with the Fair Chance Initiative. Potential applicants may be required to submit to a background check and drug test as part of the employment process. Din Tai Fung is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V
Applicant must be 18 years of age or older and able to provide documentation to work in the United States legally. Offer contingent on a criminal background check.
Flexible work from home options available.