As a Medical Assistant, you would balance the needs of patients and maintain efficient work flow of the office as well as provide support to the physician in all facets of medical procedures – before during and after. In addition, you would insure that the patient has an excellent service experience. Additional hours are available in our Geneva and Plainfield offices.Responsibilities:
- Greet patients and escort them to the examination rooms; assist patients with the completion of forms as necessary.
- Become familiar with clinic computer hardware and software and use according to company policies.
- Answer multiple line and multiple language telephone lines.
- Schedule appointments and accommodate patient appointment needs, such as ordering transportation, rescheduling, etc.
- Contact insurance companies to verify eligibility.
- Perform clerical work as needed, i.e., copying, filing, faxing, etc.
- Maintain procedure rooms by ensuring that they are neat and ready for use at all times.
- Assist doctors during Endovenous Laser Therapy procedures in accordance with instructions and individual doctor preferences.
- Prepare patients before procedures and clean up after.
- Ensure patient receipt of post-procedure instructions and how to obtain medication if needed.
- Apply knowledge of sterile techniques and OSHA regulations.
- Train new staff and assist ultrasound staff as needed.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- HS diploma or GED
- 1-2 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Medical Assistant Certification a plus
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Very strong computer skills
This position is flexible to work in our Oakbrook, Schaumburg, and Naperville offices. Additional hours are available in our Geneva and Plainfield offices.Physical DemandsThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand for extended periods of time; walk; sit for extended periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; keyboarding; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, bend, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Repetitive motion of upper body required for extended use of computer. Required specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.Work EnvironmentIn the working environment of the Clinic, there may be potential exposure to communicable diseases, contaminated blood and body fluids and hazardous materials.Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.Benefits