Job Title: Meeting Planning CoordinatorArea: Meetings and EventsReports to: Meeting Logistics ManagerClassification: Exempt(Currently all Rotary WHQ employees are working remotely but will return to office on a hybrid model – must be willing to relocate to or currently live in Chicagoland area.)Organization OverviewRotary is a membership organization that unites people from all continents and cultures who take action to deliver real, long-term solutions to pressing issues facing our communities and the world. Each year, Rotary members expand their networks, build lasting relationships, and invest more than $300 million and 16 million volunteer hours to improve lives and create positive change in the world. In exchange for hard work and dedication in support of Rotary’s clubs, members and other participants, and their humanitarian service projects, our employees receive competitive salaries, flexible schedules, comprehensive benefits, and job enrichment. To learn more, visit http://www.rotary.org.Rotary’s Commitment to DiversityAs a global network that strives to build a world where people unite and take action to create lasting change, Rotary values diversity and celebrates the contributions of people of all backgrounds, regardless of their age, ethnicity, race, color, abilities, religion, socioeconomic status, culture, sex, sexual orientation, and gender identity.General OverviewThis position performs administrative and coordination functions as part of a team that is assigned to produce a portfolio of Rotary meetings and events. This position will support the Meetings & Events team in the planning and execution of Rotary’s largest (in-person and virtual) meetings including the International Assembly, International Convention, and the triennial Council on Legislation.The coordinator will also be assigned to provide full-service meeting planning support for other portfolio meetings and events consistent with experience level. Your contribution will serve to support the logistics team in planning and implementing Rotary’s meetings and events.You Will Have
- Four-year college degree or equivalent work experience required
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong data entry
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while still meeting deadlines
- Computer literacy and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including MS Teams
- Ability to work in an international environment
- Ability to travel to, and work on-site at, meetings and events for several weeks at a time (if necessary)
- Fluency in a foreign language
- Knowledge of design and/or event management software
- Knowledge of Zoom and/or other virtual event platforms
You Are Good At
- Communication (written and verbal)
- Attention to detail
- Interpersonal effectiveness
- Time Management
- Customer Service Orientation
- Meeting Deadlines
- Administrative Tasks
You Are Open To
- Contributing to Business Process Improvements
- Working within Rotary’s Meeting Planning Procedures
- Able to sit for extended periods of time
- Able to stand for extended periods of time
- Able to walk for extended periods of time
- Able to climb stairs for extended periods of time
- Able to travel for extended periods of time
- Able to lift a minimum of 5 lbs.
You Will Be Responsible For
- Supports the Logistics Manager, Senior Planners / Meeting Planners in the preparation and delivery of the meeting specifications to venues and vendors.
- Support with exhibitor contracts, applications, assignments, and payments for multiple events.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders to capture event requirements.
- Drafts floor plans for all meetings, food and beverage functions, and office setups using layout software (Meeting Matrix or similar) or via venue / vendor assistance.
- Assists in planning and compiling meeting specifications for meeting rooms, offices, catered functions, and special events, with regards to supplier orders, (decorator, audio-visual and Simultaneous interpretation), menu selection, securing entertainment, table seating / personalized invitations/tent cards, and tracking special dietary needs. May also oversee these event areas onsite.
- Communicates directly with vendors to submit specs and follow up on requests, quotes, and floorplans.
- Assigned to Portfolio Events (individual events) and functional assignments consistent with experience level.
- Tracks ancillary and unofficial affiliate event requests and serves as liaison between volunteers, groups, and venues for unofficial affiliate events.
- Supports Global Networking Groups with space assignments, room sets, audio visual, and catering requirements.
- Coordinating RI Staff Shipments for Meetings.
- Assists with tracking vendor orders (before and during event) and invoices post-event for expenses and participates in post-meeting billing reconciliation and re-classification.
- Contributes to the preparation of timelines, space allocations, site visit agendas and reporting.
- Assists with updating RFP/RFQ documents and preparing bid analysis spreadsheet.
- Works with Logistics staff to assist with miscellaneous projects, coordinating site visits, creating agendas, rooming lists, research, and correspondence:
- Provides administrative support such as copying, proofreading, data entry etc.
- Updates department policies and procedures
- Handles routine correspondence and phone calls.
- Contributes to a collaborative, team-oriented working environment.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- In conjunction with the Logistics Manager, Senior Meeting Planners and Meeting Planners, responsible for monitoring actual versus budgeted line items and reconciling operational budgets for accounts within meeting cost centers as assigned.
- Communication: Be open to receiving ideas from diverse viewpoints and able to communicate messages so that they are universally understood.
- Collaboration: Builds partnerships and works jointly with others to meet shared objectives.
- Productivity: Able to generate results that moves Rotary toward achieving its goals.
- Accountability: Have a clear sense of ownership and take personal responsibility for actions.
- Adaptability: Respond to changes willingly and recognize when to adjust based on the situation.
Why work for Rotary?
- Generous medical, dental, and vision benefits package
- Progressive 401k matching contributions
- Above market and generous paid time off package
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional development opportunities
- On-site cafeteria and coffee bar with special pricing for Rotary employees
- Flextime-several different work schedules to choose from
- Close to CTA, Metra, a variety of stores, and many food options
- Rotary does not provide VISA sponsorship or relocation assistance.