DescriptionJOB SUMMARYWe are seeking an experienced and self-motived individual to join the Human Resources team on a part-time basis (16 hours/week) at a fast-growing biotech.Key Responsibilities
- Payroll process management and administration, including creating, auditing and reconciliating the semi-monthly payroll employee tax withholding set-up and payroll tax compliance for our team of 95 employees.
- HRIS (Paylocity) administration related to the Payroll function, including troubleshooting, vendor interface, employee & company data and records management, analysis and report writing.
- Administration of the Company’s retirement plan and workers’ compensation program.
- Interface with the HR team and employees directly to answers questions and solve problems.
- Assists in the development and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Conducts onboarding and offboarding processes.
- Maintains company organization charts.
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
Qualifications And Education RequirementsYou must have:
- A BA or BS
- 5+ years of Payroll experience
- Familiarity with HRIS and payroll platforms
- Tech savvy
- Strong attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
Additional Preferred Experience Includes
- Familiarity with Paylocity
- Familiarity with general accounting principles
The expected annual salary range for this role in New York City is $30,000-50,000. Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.About KallyopeKallyope is a new biotechnology company headquartered in New York City. Founded by Richard Axel, Tom Maniatis, and Charles Zuker from Columbia University, Kallyope is focused on the identification of new therapeutic and nutritional opportunities involving the gut and gut-brain axis. The Company leverages the founders’ formidable expertise in molecular biology, neuroscience, and behavior to identify new approaches to human health.Kallyope is seeking creative, highly motivated individuals who are interested in working in a biotech environment that is scientifically stimulating, highly collaborative, and laser focused on translational biology. The Company is creating an industry-leading platform employing cutting edge technologies including sequencing, genetics, circuit mapping, neural imaging and bioinformatics. By integrating and applying complementary tools and approaches to the understanding of gut and gut-brain biology, Kallyope aims to develop transformational therapeutics and consumer products to improve human health and nutrition.The Company is headquartered in the Alexandria Center® for Life Sciences, a state-of-the-art, collaborative life science campus in the heart of Manhattan, with close proximity to New York City’s world-leading clinical and research institutions. Kallyope has raised $488M in funding from several top-tier investors. The Company has assembled a leadership team and advisory group with a proven track record of success and strong expertise in drug discovery and translation. The founding scientific team is composed of highly creative and talented individuals with outstanding expertise in the Company’s core platform technologies. For more information, see www.kallyope.com.