Founded in 1999 Ksubi has evolved into one of the world’s most recognisable and notorious brands. With five marquee retail stores in New York City, Miami, Los Angeles, Chicago and London the brand has experienced a successful renaissance with top tier distribution in the likes of Saks, Nordstrom, Kith, Ssense and over 120 specialty stores in the USA.We are continuing to build our high-performing team, that has collaboration, transparency, and an innovative mindset at the heart of everything we do. We want you to join us on the journey, as we take Ksubi to the next level globally. In this role you will have the unique opportunity to work on one of the industry’s fastest growing fashion exports and collaborate with some of the world’s biggest names.The PR & Comms Manager, is responsible for developing and implementing Ksubi’s PR and media strategy. This role will build Ksubi’s reputation and ensure effective media coverage for the brand across global markets. The PR & Comms Manager will oversee our VIP and talent network, the creation of PR tools and assets and forge relationships with journalists, stylists, VIPs and influencers while supporting the team in the day-to-day PR & Comms tasks. Reporting to the GM of Marketing your role is crucial in driving brand buzz and hype, cementing Ksubi as a leader in the streetwear and denim space.A Day in the Life…
- You develop and execute compelling public relations strategies and messaging based on industry trends and cultural moments that ensures Ksubi retains market leadership and authenticity.
- You establish and cultivate a curated media network, focused on building strong relationships with editors and stylists across the US and UK that will drive positive brand sentiment.
- You liaise with the Global Marketing team based in our Sydney head office to develop PR strategies as an integrated part of the overall brand communications plan.
- You establish tactical public relations plans that drive seasonal collections, collaborations and Ksubi retail locations.
- You build relationships with influencers, stylists and VIP talent across Ksubi’s key pillars in music, sport and fashion to create a network of brand advocates.
- You oversee our gifting program, working to ensure that we curate a list of talent that strengthen our brand position and raise awareness of our new collections/projects, with a focus on store appointments at our retail locations.
- You work with our Global Retail and Marketing team to ensure gifting product and budgets are managed.
- You manage any retained PR agencies and consultants including setting objectives, overseeing their day-to-day activities, and ensuring deliverables.
- You are responsible for supporting on the execution of impactful events and activations that drive brand buzz and awareness of our retail locations in the US and UK.
- You connect and develop relationship with cultural tastemakers and brand partners that can help us reach new audiences through events or activations.
A Bit About You…
- 8+ years’ experience in PR, agency or in house
- Previous experience in a similar/high profile retail, or streetwear brand
- Existing relationships with key talent, VIPs, influencers, stylists and journalists, particularly in the US market
- Strong drive for results with a focus on commercial and financial management
- Deep understanding of brand management, consumer behaviour, comms and engagement channels
- Great influencer, strong negotiator, and outstanding communicator – both verbal and written
- Strong leader and an experienced manager with the ability to demonstrate implementation and execution skills – can get the best out of people and partners
- Strong analytical skills and a depth of experience in consumer insights and research
- Demonstrated experience in vendor and supplier management
- In depth understanding of both global retail and streetwear trends desirable
- Degree or Diploma qualification in Marketing is highly regarded
A Few Of Our Benefits
- Culture focused on wellbeing, innovation, and growth
- Merchandise benefits
- Highly creative and socially connected team environment
- Healthcare and 401k