About Ai4allAI4ALL is a national nonprofit that is transforming the pipeline of AI practitioners and creating a more inclusive, human-centered discipline. We empower students to be AI Changemakers by cultivating an environment where they develop skills in critical thinking and relationship-building, and expertise in responsible AI.To accomplish this, we seek students from communities that have been excluded in the AI space. Then we help them build identity in the field, and tap into their own agency and initiative as they build technical and leadership skills. While all are welcome to apply, AI4ALL prioritizes students whose race, gender, or ethnicity has been historically excluded from AI: Black, Hispanic and Latinx, and Indigenous folks; and women and non-binary folks. Our programs run in partnership with colleges and universities around North America.We are launching the diverse next generation of AI changemakers through education, ethics, and relationship-driven networks. AI4ALL has received funding from Melinda Gates/Pivotal Ventures, Prudential Financial, Accenture, General Motors, and SoftBank among others and has been featured in the New York Times, TIME, CNN, The Washington Post, USA Today, and The Atlantic.THE OPPORTUNITYWe are looking for a Program Associate to join our team. This is a great opportunity to contribute to an evolving and fast growing educational initiative with the goal of encouraging students that are historically excluded in the field of Artificial Intelligence to become leaders in the field. The Program Associate will primarily support recruitment partners including community organizations, peer organizations and university partners, help administer the AI4ALL program recruitment and admissions processes, and collaborate on scaling the program team’s partnership portfolio. The Program Associate will report to the University Partnerships Manager (UPM.)What You’ll DoThe Program Associate will support the programs team with the following tasks:AI4ALL Partnerships
- Crafting and maintaining partnership resources (e.g AI4ALL documents with the purpose of communications and program updates PPTs.)
- Helping implement the plan to guide partners in adhering to administrative and programmatic timelines& deliverables .
- Assisting in mobilizing support for partners with challenges, resources, or any other aspect of the collaboration in a timely manner
- Preparing AI4ALL programs calendars and timelines with the goal of planning out key dates and milestones.
- Working with partners on securing in-person and on-campus space for AI4ALL programs& managing challenges that could emerge during the program related to on-campus space.
- Keeping partners updated on AI4ALL programming, future planning and scaling of programs, and organizational updates as needed.
- Presenting AI4ALL intro deck to on-campus stakeholders including student group leaders, university departments, centers, peer/community organizations, educational organizations, and student support offices with the goal of generating awareness of programs and deepening relationships.
AI4ALL Program Recruitment& Admissions
- Collaborating with UPM& team of external admissions consultants in ensuring the application process is working efficiently.
- Providing admissions updates on incoming applications& timelines to recruitment partners, AI4ALL team, and other stakeholders ensuring that all are cognizant of progress.
- Collecting and organizing program admissions data and preparing debrief reports for recruitment partners, AI4ALL team, and stakeholders.
- Building, cultivating and maintaining relationships with a network of student groups and developing these connections into recruitment channels for AI4ALL by implementing outreach strategies.
- Working on the organization’s alumni ambassador program; a new initiative that funds AI4ALL student alumni with the goal of recruiting peers to AI4ALL’s programs:
- Recruiting, onboarding, and training alumni ambassadors.
- Preparing ambassadors to recruit including working with them on planning and strategy of recruitment on their campus.
- Overseeing performance of alumni ambassadors.
- Presenting virtually at student information sessions, scheduling and presenting in classroom presentations and identifying other methods to recruit students.
- Assisting with development of digital and print marketing materials, presentations, social media campaigns and other marketing/recruitment deliverables.
- Implementing strategies to improve recruitment as needed.
- Supporting and contributing to the scaling plan for systems and processes as AI4ALL’s partnerships, recruitment, and admissions processes evolve to meet program needs.
- Support program managers with administrative tasks as needed related to program design and execution.
- Support program managers in executing the volunteer engagement process.
Who You Are
- You have a desire to increase diversity and inclusion in technology.
- You have at least 3 years of professional work experience, ideally working in a university and/or a university partnerships role, recruiting college students, and/or sales.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You have project management and organizational skills; are able to work on multiple projects concurrently, manage time efficiently, and maintain a detail oriented approach to work.
- You are flexible and adaptable; are able to be proactive and positive in a fast-paced, startup environment.
- You have an aptitude for working both independently and collaboratively.
- You have a propensity for reliable and timely communication via email and messaging platforms like Slack.
- Undergraduate degree required.
We’d prefer candidates who:
- Thrive in a fast-paced, startup environment.
- Have an understanding of university culture and the opportunities and challenges associated with implementing programs for college students.
- Having experience working with populations who have been historically excluded from the Tech and AI sector is a plus.
- Having experience in Computer Science (CS), AI, Education and/or social justice non-profit organization, or related fields is a plus.
In addition,AI4ALL staff embody a commitment to our values of inclusion, humanity, technology, agency, learning, and education.We know there is research that shows women and minorities are less likely to apply for jobs if they don’t have all of the key skills for a position. AI4ALL encourages candidates with some, but not all, of the skills listed in the job description to apply.What We OfferAI4All strives to be an employer-of-choice, we offer:
- A competitive salary range of $60,560 – $75,700 depending on experience
- A comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance program
- Simple IRA with up to 3% matching contribution
- Generous time off including 15 vacation days, 9 sick days, 12 holidays, a 1-week December closure, and up to 4 paid wellness days off per year
- Stipends for Professional Development and for home office
- A commitment to developing leaders from within theorganization
- An organizational culture and work-life balance that supports staff well-being
- Ample opportunities to connect with the students and communities weserve
- AI4ALL is a remote-first organization, allowing staff from all over the United States to work together in a virtual environment.
- While programs are delivered virtually, this role might include occasional travel to meet in person with partners and students.
- AI4ALL organizes at least 1 in-person team retreat per year and all employees are expected to attend.
- Work is performed both independently and collaboratively. Work is performed on a computer, requires almost constant use of a keyboard, mouse, or other pointing device and may be performed sitting or standing.
EEO STATEMENTAI4ALL is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce at all levels of the organization. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.