Hard Rock International (HRI) is one of the most globally recognized companies with venues in over 70 countries spanning 265 locations that include owned/licensed or managed Rock Shops®, Live Performance Venues and Cafes. HRI also launched a joint venture named Hard Rock Digital in 2020, an online sportsbook, retail sportsbook and internet gaming platform. Beginning with an Eric Clapton guitar, Hard Rock owns the world’s largest and most valuable collection of authentic music memorabilia at more than 86,000 pieces, which are displayed at its locations around the globe. In 2022, Hard Rock Hotels was honored as the number one brand in Outstanding Guest Satisfaction for the second year in a row among Upper Upscale Hotels in J.D. Power’s North America Hotel Guest Satisfaction Study. This designation is the fourth consecutive year the iconic brand has been among top brands in this category.HRI is the first privately-owned gaming company designated U.S. Best Managed Company by Deloitte Private and The Wall Street Journal for the second year. Hard Rock was also honored as one of Forbes’ Best Employers for Women, Diversity and New Grads and a Top Large Employer in the Travel & Leisure, Gaming, and Entertainment Industry. In 2021, Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos received first place ranking in the Casino Gaming Executive Satisfaction Survey conducted by Bristol Associates Inc. and Spectrum Gaming Group for six of the last seven years. For more information on Hard Rock International, visit www.hardrock.com or shop.hardrock.com.The Server is responsible for taking the guests through the key phase of their Hard Rock experience. As a Hard Rock Cafe Server, you will be assuming the role of tour guide, communicator, decision-maker, entertainer, memorabilia curator and musician (at heart).
- Taking guests’ orders.
- Running food.
- Handling cash & other forms of payment.
- Making proficient sales transactions – using a point-of-sale system.
- Properly checks I.D.s – for guests who appear to be under 30 years old.
- Demonstrating responsible alcohol service.
- Demonstrating impeccable product knowledge.
- Suggestive selling – using proven techniques.
- Answering questions – accurately and politely.
- Satisfying any/all needs of the guests – regularly double checking back with guests throughout their experience.
- Maintaining a clean & organized station – including pre-bussing & table maintenance.
- Performing opening, closing & side duties – setting up/breaking down station, refilling condiments, cleaning ashtrays, etc.
- Demonstrating knowledge of all table/station numbers.
- Directing guests to areas & restrooms.
- Creating memorable experiences.
- Entertaining guests to create “Raving Fans.”
This job description reflects the position’s essential functions; it does not encompass all of the tasks that may be assigned.Experience, Education, And Certifications
- High School diploma or GED equivalents.
- Follows all food safety & sanitation procedures. In some U.S. states, a food safety certification program is required to be completed before being able to serve food or alcohol, which may include a food handlers card (i.e., California law requires this).
- Remaining calm in a hectic, fast-paced atmosphere.
- Demonstrating a high level of organization, attention-to-detail and a sense-of-urgency.
- Displaying a positive and outwardly friendly attitude toward guests.
- Ability to move throughout the corporate office and cafes during visits (standing, walking, kneeling, bending) for extended periods of time.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to make repeating movements of the arms, hands, and wrists.
- Ability to express or exchange ideas verbally and perceive sound by ear.
- Manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination, and ability to work with hand above shoulders.
- Ability to occasionally, regularly, frequently move objects (lift, push, pull, balance, carry) up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to turn or twist body parts in a circular motion.
- Ability to tolerate exposure to heat, cold, chemicals, and loud/noisy environment.
- Ability to travel via auto or airplane for long periods of time.
- In some U.S. states, a legal minimum age is required to serve food & alcohol – check with the person interviewing you to ensure you meet these requirements.
- Practicing all general safety standards.
- Maintaining a well-groomed appearance (“having a plan”).
- Following all uniform guidelines.
- Recycling products, where possible.
- Maintaining HRC’s 5 core Values and Mission Statement.
- Your Cafe may cross-train the Server and the Busser positions. This “Server Assistant” will become a rotated position for the Servers and only used during busy volume Please see the Busser job description.
ClosingHard Rock International is an equal opportunity employer. We live our motto LOVE ALL – SERVE ALL, and strive to foster an inclusive workplace culture for every team member. Hard Rock welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), it is the policy of Hard Rock to provide reasonable accommodation when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with a disability, unless such accommodation would cause an undue hardship. The policy regarding requests for reasonable accommodation applies to all aspects of employment, including the application process. If reasonable accommodation is needed, please contact a member of our Human Resources team.DisclaimerWhile this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).