Reporting to the Director of Operations, the primary job duties of the Service Manager will include managing and supporting the service coordinator, field service technicians and regen technicians in a wide variety of technical duties related to installation, troubleshooting, service and repair at customer locations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides overall leadership and supervision for the continued growth, development and future of the service and regen department.
- Supervises and directs all field services technicians and Regen technicians.
- Builds and maintains critical external relationships with customers, clients and suppliers.
- Works directly with customers on all levels of issues to manage customer expectations and drive issues to resolution by ensuring top customer service, quick response time and maximizing uptime.
- Develops and communicates strategic sales plans to accommodate company goals as they relate to service needs of the customers and/or clients.
- Works alongside and help to motivate Field Service Techs to maintain employee engagement.
- Assessing, prioritizing and distributing incoming regional service requests in collaboration with service coordinator while maximizing Field Service technician efficiency.
- Conducts weekly meetings with staff to ensure workflow communication for upcoming and current schedules
- Collaborates with the department heads to ensure open communication and efficient workflow between departments.
- Reports on the status of customer situations, action plans, and customer specific deliverables to the Director of Operations.
- Directs and leads staffing, training, and performance evaluations to drive a successful service department.
- Manages and distributes the Customer Service Reports (CSR) / job assignments to service technicians.
- Maintains timely management of work order process and work order review.
- Develops and maintains the service schedule for each client.
- Supports the lead with maintaining maintenance records for the (8) vehicle fleet for the service technicians. Supports the lead all preventive maintenance, inspections, minor and major repairs for the vehicle fleet.
- Performs emergency and complex troubleshooting issues and service calls as needed.
- Provides oversight in the development of the annual budget and reports variances to management for the Service department.
- Requests purchase of service parts and chemicals in a timely manner.
- Creates weekly management reports for tracking of service activities.
- Receives and reviews for comments and notes on the completed CSR from the service technicians and follows up on additional work needed at the client site.
- Operates forklift and/or work vehicles to move, deliver, or pick up parts and/or equipment.
- Forecasts service consumable needs on a quarterly basis.
- Works in fast paced environment with quickly changing conditions.
- Travel to and support field work at customer sites throughout the local and regional area as needed.
- Rotate emergency on-call duty and respond to customer emergencies in a timely manner.
- Adheres to company-wide and department policies, procedures and processes
- Follows adopted procedures in order to report accidents, hazards, incidents, or unsafe conditions to immediate supervisor
- Other duties may be assigned
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Association’s degree (AA or AS) from an accredited college/university in related field; with 3-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination. In addition to 2 years of Supervisory experience. Knowledge and ability to utilize basic hand tools and power tools.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most standard documents. Excellent listening, written and oral communication skills, including the ability to create and present decision-support materials that make complex information easy to understand.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Must have the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality; strong organizational and time management skills and detail oriented; good follow through skills; and the ability to prioritize and work effectively. Ability to work independently and productively. Ability to work under pressure.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have hands-on experience of MS Office Suites and e-mail.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and sit for long periods of time. Fine motor actions of hands, wrists and fingers are required along with the ability to withstand repetitive hand, wrist and finger movement. The ability to use hands to manipulate finger, handle or feel is required. The employee must be able to reach with hands and arms; and to talk, see and hear. The employee may be required to stoop or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works 30% in an office environment and 70% in the field. May be exposure to chemicals in relations to products. The noise level in the work environment is moderate. The necessity for commuting within the San Diego County and beyond subjects this position to all hazards normally associated with vehicular travel and other forms of transportation. May be exposed to heat and cold environment and confined spaces on client’s sites.
Desired Skills and Experience