An SBA 8(a) Participant and Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business
Job Title: Staffing Specialist (Federal only)
Security Clearance: N/A
Suitability: DHS EOD
Travel Requirement: N/A
We Help Our Clients Solve Complex Mission-Critical Challenges.
Established in 2008 and based in the Washington Metro Area, OBAN Corporation is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business (SDVOSB) and Small Business Administration 8(a) Program Participant that provides practical, strategic, and tactical management solutions to public and private sector clients.
OBAN Corporation works with our clients to meet their mission-critical objectives through expert advisory, administrative, and implementation support solutions. We develop and implement efficient and effective near-term and long-term roadmaps to help our clients navigate through some of their toughest and most complex business challenges.
OBAN is seeking a Staffing Specialist to join its Federal customer.
- Supports the staff acquisition process for the hiring and movement of staff and applicants including supporting the adjudication of qualifications and veteran’s preference, maintenance of applicant registers, and management of automated systems in support of staffing, records management, personnel management, and database accountability.
- Works under the discretion of the Senior Staffing Specialist.
- Conducts staffing and placement activities (i.e., create vacancy announcements, develop position assessment criteria and analysis, and develops occupational questionnaires).
- Reviews applications to make qualification determinations.
- Assists with providing a full range of classification and position management services to the organization.
- Prepares appropriate documentation for new hires and works with other team members to ensure application/employee documents are accurate.
- Minimum of three (3) years of end-to-end recruiting and hiring lifecycle operations completing job analyses in coordination with hiring managers, posting job announcements on USAjobs, performing qualifications adjudications, and issuing selection certificates using Monster, eRecruit, and/or USA Staffing.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain the required government security check.
- Knowledgeable with current hiring flexibility, qualification standards, merit promotion regulations, category rating regulations, Merit Systems Principles and Prohibited Personnel Practices.
- Proficient with staffing or similar electronic staffing systems for complex Federal positions.
- Ability to apply and interpret Federal HR laws, policies, and agency specific operating procedures.
- Attention to detail, data quality and data integrity.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
Top Benefits Or Perks
As a team member at OBAN, you’ll enjoy:
- Active work environment
- Comprehensive Benefits Package, including Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Federal Holidays
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Training and Development
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Option to work remotely (subject to customer guidelines)
OBAN is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.