The position: Trade Marketing Manager (Maternity cover)
Life at Elvie; Meaningful work, Exceptional People
We’re Elvie. We create smart products, new solutions, and a fair few taboo-busting conversations while we’re at it. Founded by Tania Boler in 2013, we develop extraordinary innovations designed to improve women’s lives. It’s a fascinating and challenging area that requires us to solve problems that no one else has ever tackled before.
At Elvie, you’ll be surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them. People who are passionate about our mission. People who are driven to solve problems and constantly consider the best ways to improve the health and wellbeing of women.
Find out more about life at Elvie here.
We Take Them Seriously Because We Want Our Culture To Thrive
We’re deeply proud of our values, which are intrinsic to the way we behave every day.
- We make an impact: We’re mission-driven and not afraid to break boundaries. We relentlessly focus on going the extra mile to solve problems.
- We’re fearless innovators: We are passionate, curious, and data-driven. We continuously embrace change and innovation.
- We’re in it together: we fail and learn fast — always as one team — and have fun along the way. We stay authentic and embrace our differences.
Did you know?
In some regions our amazing products are considered to be medical devices. This means we maintain our Medical Device quality management system in compliance with ISO 13485:2016, to support the development of our groundbreaking products
About The Role
Okay, we’ve waffled long enough. So let’s get to the good bit: You.
As Trade Marketing Manager, your role sits within our US Sales and Marketing Team, reporting to the US General Manager. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast growing tech start-up and you’ll play a pivotal role in driving growth through developing and implementing impactful marketing and merchandising programmes for third party retailers and DME (healthcare) channels.
You’ll be an experienced and passionate marketeer, with strong commercial acumen and the ability to drive projects from concept through implementation.
Location: Remote. Boston or NYC preferred, but we’re open to other states.
Employment type: Fixed-term contract for 6 months to cover a period of maternity leave (please note, you must have the right to work in the USA). An immediate start would be preferred
What You’ll Be Doing At Elvie
Driving long term growth at Elvie by developing and implementing comprehensive marketing and merchandising programs for strategic third-party retailers and DME (healthcare) channels.
- Co-author, agree and deliver the omni-channel strategy for assigned accounts with the VP of Marketing
- Draft retail strategy based on category analysis, retailer insights and sales objectives to inform account marketing, merchandising and event plans
- Develop annual budget to support account marketing initiatives and monitor spending monthly
- Lead cross-functional teams in supporting development and execution of account strategy
- Communicate Elvie strategy to retailers & other trade channels in partnership with Sales team
- Execute projects flawlessly with focus on stakeholder, timeline and budget management
Record and report trade marketing activity for selected accounts, driving quantification of trade marketing activity
- Ensure retail activity tracker are up-to-date on monthly basis
- Work closely with BI / finance team to understand financial feasibility of future projects as well as performance of completed projects
- Analyze campaign and in-store performance and report results with lessons learned
- Adopt a test/learn/refine approach to trialing new activities to further understanding of shopper behaviour
- Seek opportunities to increase efficiency of marketing investments
Coordinate omni-channel launches for new products
- Develop account-specific execution plan in alignment with category strategy and global creative direction
- Lead new in-store POP materials and fixtures from authoring excellent briefs to flawless execution
- Partner with retailers and trade partners to create new product pages and refresh brand pages
Drive business with key accounts through tailored marketing & merchandising programs
- Collaborate with retailers, brand, PR and media teams to develop and execute annual marketing programs in line with Elvie category objectives and insights
- Develop and present sell-in materials to internal and external stakeholders in collaboration with design, Brand and sales teams
- Partner with Sales team to execute new fixture programs and POP materials to elevate the Elvie presence in-store
- Identify retailer events and trade show opportunities to educate and convert employees and shoppers into Elvie brand advocates
- Relish the opportunities to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Drive ‘out of the box’ thinking to deliver new and innovative marketing tactics
- Fix things that you can see need fixing
What we are looking for:
- 3-5 years of marketing experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree required – not necessarily business related but must display good commercial acumen / relevant experience
- Ability to drive projects from concept through implementation, to analyze results and provide rationale for recommendations
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Experience with MS Office – especially Excel / PPT and/or Google Suite (Sheets, Slides, Docs)
- Can demonstrate a ‘can do’ / entrepreneurial attitude
- Ability to deliver projects in full, on time and to the highest quality
- Quick thinker to solve problems, draw financial conclusions and make fast, accurate decisions
- Passionate about driving conversation in female health and bodies
The benefits you’ll get:
In Addition, We’ll Give You
We’re on an exceptional journey. And we can offer you a genuinely purpose-led career with a culture built on trust, autonomy, and flexibility.
- Lots of flexibility: whether it’s working from home, doing the school run, or life admin, we understand that flexibility is essential, and we trust you to do the right thing for you and us
- 20 days’ annual leave, plus 10 sick days, plus national holidays
- 8 extra life leave days per year; getting married, moving house, menopause or just things that you can’t put a label on that matter to you (pro-rata)
- 5=10 leave: 10 days’ additional leave on your 5th and 10th years of service!
- $100 contribution to your home working set up to spend as you see fit
- An annual personal development allowance of $200 and unlimited access to our learning and development platform, Learnerbly (pro rata)
- Generous parental leave policies; maternity, paternity/partner, shared & adoption
- Medical, dental and vision plan (after 90 days of employment)
- 401k match to 5%
- A free Elvie trainer for you to keep or give away when you join
- Generous employee and friends & family discounts on Elvie products
- Livehealth online & One Medical plus various well-being initiatives throughout the year
What You Can Expect After You’ve Applied
A member of our recruitment team will reach out to you after they have reviewed your application. You must ensure your application is completed correctly, and we strongly encourage you to add a cover letter or note to let us know why Elvie’s the right fit for you.
Our Interview Process Varies Depending On The Position, But It Typically Looks Like This
We would like to get to know you through your background, attitude, experience and understand your motivation to work with us.
- 30-minute video call with one of our recruiters
- 30-45 minute video call with the hiring manager
- 45-60 minute video interview with the team (some positions may require you to complete a task/presentation)
- For some positions, there may be an additional interview with one of senior our leadership team
This is undoubtedly an exciting time to join Elvie. You’ll have a voice, make an impact, and have the opportunity to mould your role. So be ready to learn, have fun, and be inspired by our passionate, talented team — and having a sense of humor helps too. 😉
We can’t wait to hear from you!
Belonging at Elvie
At Elvie, we believe having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and we don’t discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age.
If you need any support with your application, please get in contact with us: firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)203 884 7223.