Equitable Advisors- Traditional Job Description
With Equitable founded in 1859, Equitable Advisors is a leading firm in the financial services and insurance industry with a mission to help people build fulfilling futures grounded in our stability, innovative solutions and commitments to our clients.
Equitable Advisors is seeking entrepreneurial-oriented individuals to join our team as a Financial Professional. In that role, you will:
• Analyze financial information obtained from clients to determine strategies, financial products and services to help clients meet their financial objectives
• Build and maintain a client base, keep client plans up-to-date and acquire new clients on an ongoing basis
• Incorporate Holistic Life Planning and Financial Planning strategies to provide recommendations and sell appropriate financial products and services including life insurance, annuities, and investment options (including both Equitable-manufactured products and other products available through our open-infrastructure platform)
What it takes to be an Equitable Advisors’ Financial Professional
With a wide range of successful financial professionals, prior educational focus and professional background does not necessarily dictate success. We see success with people directly out of college, frustrated professionals looking to begin new career opportunities and those already in the financial services industry seeking a more comprehensive platform. We also seek and develop people of all backgrounds built on our proud history and focus of developing diverse talent and enabling an inclusive work environment.
• A four-year college degree is preferred but not required
• You will be required to attain state life and health licenses, SIE, FINRA Series 7 and 66 exams (other designations a plus)
• Results-driven, highly motivated, self-starter who possesses integrity, a strong work ethic and the desire to help others plan for and protect their financial futures
• Team player who possesses excellent interpersonal skills and communication abilities, with a high degree of self-confidence
• Ability to draw upon past/present experiences and acquaintances to develop markets and sustain long-term relationships
Note — applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
Benefits of working with us
• Compensation you control and a complete benefits package
• Personalized and comprehensive training and support in all areas important to building your business
• Sponsorship as well as coaching to obtain the licensing required for hire
• Ability to specialize in numerous areas from being a Certified Financial Planner, to a junior or senior partner in a firm model, to employee and executive benefits and other specialized areas of focus
• Ability to work jointly with senior joint-work partners and to be coached by top performers
• Advancement and management opportunities
• A work-life balance and access to a full suite of remote-work technology solutions
To get started as a Financial Professional, Equitable Advisors will sponsor your pursuit of the licensing requirements, and our training curriculum is designed to provide the skills and tools you need for the opportunity to succeed. Our training program consists of training across numerous areas: client management skills, sales skills, market development, product knowledge, technology systems and core practice management systems.
Securities offered through Equitable Advisors, LLC (NY, NY (212) 314-4600), member FINRA, SIPC (Equitable Financial Advisors in MI & TN). Investment advisory products and services offered through Equitable Advisors, LLC, an SEC-registered investment advisor. Annuity and insurance products offered through Equitable Network, LLC. Equitable Advisors, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V. GE-3702612(8/21)(Exp.8/23)
Keywords: Series 7, Sales Manager, Insurance Agent, Insurance Sales, Sales, Account Manager, Account Executive, Inside Sales, Outside Sales, Sales Representative, Business Development, Retirement, Financial Advisors