Founded in 2000, with start-up investment capital from Sony, M3’s mission is to make use of the internet to increase, as much as possible, the number of people who can live longer and healthier lives, and to reduce, as much as possible, the amount of unnecessary medical costs. Key achievements of M3 Inc.
- Named in Fortune’s 2020 ‘Future 50’ list, ahead of Facebook and Amazon
- Ranked in Forbes’ 2020 Global 2000 list of the world’s largest public companies
- M3 is the only company incorporated after the year 2000 to be included in the Nikkei 225 Index
- Listed in Forbes’ ‘Asia’s 200 Best Over a Billion’ in 2019
- In 2020 M3 founded the ‘M3: Stop COVID-19 Fund’ and pledged one billion yen to support COVID-19 related initiatives
M3’s legacy lies in the power of trusted physician platforms. Around the world, M3 organizations leverage these highly engaged digital communities to deliver medical education, job placement, and market research, to improve global patient outcomes.
Due to our continued growth, we are hiring for a Senior Network Engineer at M3 Global Research, an M3 company.
About The Business Unit
Michael Allen Company (MAC) provides highly specialized consulting services to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of large commercial organizations. Our clients include some of the world’s best managed companies. MAC consultants tackle difficult problems with innovative analytic approaches and deep business understanding.
- Systems Support and Administration
- Research & follow formal procedures and policies related to Microsoft Tenant Configuration, Microsoft Tenant Security, Microsoft O365 Best Practice, performance monitoring and system changes
- Continuously improve and automate administrative and operational tasks by leveraging automation, scripting (PowerShell), Intune and 3rd party tools
- Provide administrative and operational support in all areas needed: Azure AD/AD Connect, AD On-Prem, Exchange Online, Email protection, SharePoint Online, SSO
- Level 2 and Level 3 Support for problems identified within IT Landscape
- Troubleshoot and resolve system issues. Identify and help implement prevention measures
- Follow Severity 1/outage procedures and processes
- Participate in after-hours upgrades, troubleshooting, and on-call availability as scheduled
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to implemented solutions, and configuration(s)
- RMM automation and monitoring
- Multi-Cloud hybrid pairing and maintenance
- Technology Projects
- Take business requirements and convert into a detailed project plan and then execute the plan
- Evaluate current systems in area of specialty to identify areas for improvement or new direction and provide as input into future systems strategies
- Influence and contribute to detailed designs, functional and technical, for all projects.
- Create, request, and present technical and licensing requirements on new project
- Work closely with IT staff to clearly define issues and/or requirements that result in modifications to any of the systems, hardware or OS in area of specialty
- Provide expert advice, training and project management and technical support for various projects in area of specialty.
- Additional Responsibilities
- Accountable for properly following all IT standards, processes and methodologies as applicable including but not limited to Quality Assurance (QA), Project Management Life Cycle (PMLC) and Production Change Control procedures
- Other responsibilities and accountabilities may be assigned based on business and organization needs
- Effectively transition senior level knowledge to other members of the team to help grow the organization as a whole
- Train and mentor other team members in team standards, processes and methodologies
- 5 Years’ experience managing physical, virtual and hyperconverged infrastructure in large multi-site environments – Nutanix, VMware, Storage
- 5 Years’ experience managing backup, archive, and DR replication in large multi-site environments – Veeam, SQL Backup, Azure Backup and Site Recovery Services with demonstratable experience of immutable backup architecture
- Expert level understanding of Microsoft Server Operating Systems and other Microsoft infrastructure services – Active Directory, AAD Connect and Azure Active Directory, Group Policy, Active Directory Certificate Services, Microsoft Exchange Hybrid and Exchange Online, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft DFS and File Servers
- Expert level understanding of fundamental network and identity services – DNS, DHCP, AAD Conditional Access, AADConnect, SSO/SAML
- Expert level understanding of facilities and core infrastructure within IDFs, MDFs and Colocations – UPS, PDU, Cabinets, Patching, HVAC, Risers
- Practical experience with the following technologies is a plus – Splunk, Azure Sentinel, Ping One/Federate, ,Duo, Azure DevOps, O365 Services – SharePoint, OneDrive and Power BI, Network Routing/Switching
- Working experience with multifaceted MDR, XDR and EDR tooling
- Azure WVD pool automation experience
- Understanding of global enterprise-wide network engineering principles including Zero Trust Network architecture
- Strong experience with application containerization (Docker preferred). Container orchestration experience (i.e. AWS ECS, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm) also desirable.
- Experience with DevOps and infrastructure automation technologies such as Terraform, AWS Cloud Formation, Ansible, Chef, or Puppet
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills with demonstrated attention to detail
- Willingness to go above and beyond
- The ability to multi-task and work across a range of projects and issues with various timelines and priorities. Strong project Management capabilities
- The ability to split technology and requirements as an internal MSP
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented in planning, implementation, documentation, and follow-up
- Afterhours availability is required, and travel may also be required
- Identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions
- Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message
- Use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; recommend or take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences
- Demonstrate a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; remains current with developments and trends in areas of expertise
- Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals
A career opportunity with M3USA offers competitive wages, and benefits such as:
- Health and Dental
- Life, Accident and Disability Insurance
- Prescription Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401k Plan and Match
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Sick Days and Personal Day
- M3 reserves the right to change this job description to meet the business needs of the organization
Benefits found in job post
- Disability insurance
About the company
M3 offers a variety of proven ways to engage physicians and get important clinical and marketing messages to valued, targeted audiences. Our live programs are delivered by clinical educators who are credentialed healthcare professionals. They provide strategic solutions to address the gaps that occur in clinical practice in the management of chronic diseases while also improving access for sales representatives. Those solutions include disease state knowledge, appropriate patient diagnosis, adherence, best practices, treatment to guidelines and REMS programs. Our digital health information services that include: the most up-to-date daily, indexed clinical information/news; medical education; market research; ethical drug promotion; clinical development; job recruitment and clinic appointment services.
M3 Inc. is a publicly traded company on the Tokyo Stock Exchange and is a global leader in digital solutions in healthcare and has acquired dozens of companies across the globe. M3 Inc has had consistent growth since inception in 2000, with over 500 million dollars in revenue. Our great success is due to the skills and the high performance of our people, and has helped us attract some of the world’s leading talent from the most respected universities and Fortune 100 companies.