Job DetailsSUNY New Paltz Vacancy
External Posting (Professional)
Applications are invited for consideration for appointment to the following position:
Department: Student Affairs Staff
Budget Title: Staff Assistant
Local Title: Coordinator of Student Government Operations
Posting Date: June 21, 2023
Duties: SUNY New Paltz and the Department of Student Affairs invites applications for the Coordinator of Student Government Operations. The Department of Student Affairs is committed to the holistic development and well being of our students and to providing a safe community that celebrates human differences and promotes civic responsibility and citizenship. For additional information, please visit our website: https://www.newpaltz.edu/studentaffairs/
Reporting Directly To The Student Association Director Of Business Operations, This Professional Staff Position Serves As Part Of The Team That Provides Club Orientation, Advisement, Conflict Mediation And Executive Board Support Including The Following
- Serve as the primary contact for student clubs
- Assist in the consultation, review, and approval of student club events
- Conduct club training of the ENGAGE student club software program
- Advise the Council of Organizations and support management of club recognition
- Assist in managing club conflict and conduct challenges
- Support the Student Association Judicial Board
- Oversee Organization Club and Involvement Fairs
- Manage all Student Association Elections
- Support the fiscal operations of the Student Association Business Office
- Manage Student Association Club Lounge and Lockers
- Serve as point of contact and support marketing efforts of all Student Association Services
- Work collaboratively with other campus partners to contribute to a vibrant student life program that engages students across the campus
- The successful candidate will hold a Bachelor’s degree
- Student and/or professional experience with knowledge in student club engagement
- Demonstrated knowledge of supervision and training programs
- Hold a master’s degree with experience in student activities, student government operations and overseeing student personnel
- Experience with CampusLabs ENGAGE software platform
- Candidates should possess and effectively utilize strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
Contact Information: Individuals with disabilities who need assistance with the application process should call (845) 257-3675.
Electronic submissions required. Candidates will be required to electronically submit:
- cover letter
- contact information for three professional references
Please apply by visiting https://jobs.newpaltz.edu/postings/2035
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Deadline: Applications accepted until position is filled
Other important information about this vacancy: This position offers full New York State benefits which are among the most comprehensive in the country. The State University of New York at New Paltz is a highly selective, public college that is recognized regionally for the strength of its academic programs. It is located in the beautiful Hudson River Valley with easy access to New York City and other nearby recreational and cultural amenities.
SUNY New Paltz recognizes the unique skills, perspective, talents and passion that each employee contributes to its learning community. To work here is to accept an invitation to participate in the growth and development of all campus members—students, faculty and staff. The College’s commitment to inclusive excellence is an important part of our mission of public education and our culture. New Paltz continues to work on building a community that supports freedom, mutual respect, and civility. We seek others who support these values of diversity and inclusiveness and candidates of all diverse backgrounds who wish to participate in our cultural aspirations are welcome and encouraged to apply.
The State University of New York at New Paltz is an AA/EOE/ADA employer.
Federal law and regulations require notice to all prospective employees regarding crimes that have occurred on campus in the current three year period. Please refer to the University Police Web site for the complete Annual Security Report (Clery Report) at https://www.newpaltz.edu/police/clery-compliance/annual-security-and-fire-safety-reports/
Web Site: https://jobs.newpaltz.edu/postings/2035
Application for Employment